Hydra Chip Steps & Info
You've just received your new Hydra Chip... Congratulations! "Wait, it's a blank chip? What now?" Follow the steps below and you'll be up and running in no time!
- Locate the PCM box code for your truck. Directions are HERE.
- Download and install HydraFlash software HERE.
- Using the PCM box code, calculate your preferred calibration using the Box/HEX converter. DIRECTIONS HERE
- Choose the calibrations you want in HydraFlash. It's very important that they are ALL THE SAME HEX STRATEGY. You cannot have different HEX codes on a chip. It will cause your truck to stall.
- Pull your PCM and THOROGHLY clean the silicone from the connectors. Clean top, bottom, between grooves, everywhere there could be silicone. Many customers forget to clean the underside - don't forget the underside! If you have problems with your truck not starting, 99.99% of the time it's because of silicone still on the connectors or connectors worn down to the copper. If you have questions, please call us.
- Install chip in PCM and replace in truck. For detailed directions and videos, see HERE.
- First position will always be "Stock" and last position will always be "No Start".